Believe In Yourself: Your Potential Is a Picture of

 What You Can Become


According to the dictionary, the meaning to the word, "believe" is; to have confidence in the truth, the existence, or the reliability of something; although without absolute proof that one is right in doing so.

When you were a kid, did you believe in Santa Claus? I remember those days of wonder and excitement, writing your letters to Santa and waiting to see if you were good enough to get what was on your list, but as I got older and I listened to what my friends were saying, and some little things that I noticed on my own, It started to
make my belief in Santa a little bit shaky. I wanted to believe, but the truth in the evidence of the existence of Santa just wasn't there anymore. So I have come to the terrible conclusion, at the age of thirty-seven, that there really is no Santa Claus. I hate to be the one to tell you that.

On a more serious note, do you believe in yourself? Remember that believe means to have confidence in the truth, the existence or reliability of who you really are. Do you know who you really are? I think that sometimes we hide who we really are because of the people, or the things that those people around us, have told us about ourselves. You will become a product of your environment, even if your environment is lying.

I grew up in a very unloving home. It was a home where we were never encouraged or given pats on the back for our successes. We never really had to many, and when we did they were either not acknowledged or we were ridiculed for even trying to do them. I was always told that I would never be able to achieve anything worthwhile.

But there was always an uncontrollable drive to compete, be competitive, and win. This stir was noticed by a coach and teacher in one of my schools that took me under his arm. He worked with me, encouraged me, and told me that I was good at sports and I should go out and tryout for some of the teams. This man gave me the hope and stirred the belief in myself, that I am good at things and if I work hard I can achieve success.

Well it took a long time but that seed of belief he planted in me started to sprout. I started to play sports and I realized that I could run fast, and I could hit the ball pretty good too. My confidence in the truth of which I really was, and not the lies that everybody else told me about myself, started to make me stronger, more confident, and more persistent in my drive to succeed.

Where are you? Your potential is a picture of what you can become. You believing in that potential helps you see it more clearly, and give you the strength to reach out, grab it, and make that truth a reality.

97% of the world's population lives in a box that was molded by what everyone else said about them, and only 3% ever get out of that box, and reach for that truth that they know and have living in themselves. If you're reading this article, you are a part of that three percent.
Don't believe or listen to what someone else said or is saying about you and your dreams. Take a long look in your own heart. What do you see? What do you want to achieve? What is there? Take that inventory of yourself, and then take the necessary steps to training and moves you need to do to get on that road to the success you deserve.


Do you believe? I believe. I believe in you and I know that you can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment